Fresh summer vegetables and herbs are arriving on a weekly basis from my CSA farm share. Boy, is this my favorite time of year when delicious, local produce is available!
It’s so much fun to cook up some of my summer favorites, but I also like to mix things up and try something new. That’s how this week’s recipe was created. It’s a mash-up of some of my favorite recipes for Green Beans, Caprese Salad, and Creamy Balsamic Dressing. And what’s the creation? A fresh, delicious Green Bean Caprese Salad that can be served hot or cold.
Honestly, I can’t imagine more of my favorite foods in one dish—green beans, cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil … all topped off with my yummy Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette. Absolute perfection on a plate!
So definitely give this recipe a try. I promise you, you’ll want to make it again and again. It’s just that good!
Green Bean Caprese Salad
- 1 pound green beans trimmed and rinsed
- 1 + cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 6-8 ounces fresh mozzarella cut into bite-sized chunks
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil chopped (see notes)
- Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing to taste
- Cook green beans in a 4-quart saucepan of boiling water for about 5-8 minutes or until tender. Drain immediately. Toss with half the cherry tomatoes and mozzarella and a 2-3 tablespoons of dressing.
- Place green beans on a serving platter and garnish with remaining tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Drizzle with additional creamy balsamic vinaigrette dressing to taste and serve.
Kitchen Resources and Tips:
- If you’re boiling these green beans, a great, multipurpose colander is definitely something you should consider! I bought this OXO Good Grips colander as a replacement for a really old plastic one that I had bought at a dollar store in the 90’s. Who knows what kind of weird plastics and hormone-disrupting chemicals were in that old one. Yikes! Maybe it’s time you invest in a new colander as well.
- If you’re more into steaming your green beans, here are some options for you. For years I used the classic, stainless steel steaming basket, and it’s worked fine … but boy do I love my new steaming basket from OXO. Its handles stay cool making it easy to move food around, it’s heat-resistant up to 600 degrees, microwave safe, dishwasher safe, and BPA-free! Target and other retailers carry these gadgets too, as well as appliances dedicated to steaming rice and/or veggies.
PS—I’m now on Bloglovin so you can Follow my blog with Bloglovin