I love to eat salads. Not only are they super easy to make, but they’re also so good for you—especially when you use a homemade salad dressing made real ingredients.
One simple way to spice up your salads is to use different types of salad dressings and to choose dressings that pack a lot of flavor. That’s why I love my recipe for the Best Ever Citrus Lime Vinaigrette.
Deliciously citrusy, this salad dressing can perk up any salad. Just choose your favorite greens, add some tomatoes, carrots, or peppers, and maybe a little cilantro and your set!
And if you’re in the mood to experiment, feel free to substitute other citrus juices like lemon, grapefruit, or even orange as you like. After all, variety is the spice of life!
Best Ever Citrus Lime Vinaigrette Recipe:
The Best Ever Citrus Lime VinaigretteRecipe By:
Note: For most recipes you can adjust the measures for more or less servings by hovering over the servings number and moving the slider.
- 1 cup olive or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup white vine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion granules or powder
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional
- Add olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, and dried seasonings.
- Shake and it's ready to serve.
I hope you enjoy this super easy salad dressing. It’s one of my favorites, and it’s so easy to make. And definitely check out some of my tips below on to mix and store homemade salad dressings!
Kitchen Tips and Resources:
- Looking for something to mix up your salad dressing in? Mason jars are a great option that most of us have on hand. I especially love these 16-ounce mason jars. Their wide mouth makes it easy to pour in ingredients, and the graduated measurements along the sides allow for the quick addition of just the right amount of oil and vinegar. The Kolder salad dressing bottle is another good option although its narrower, traditional bottleneck makes it a little harder to quickly add ingredients. The bonus of the Kolder salad dressing bottle is that it has a variety of recipes on the bottle.
- Do you bring salads to work or school for lunch but hate the mess that salad dressing containers can make? Then here are two great options. GoToob travel bottles are not only perfect for your travel needs, but they’re amazing for salad dressing on the go. Made from food grade silicon (100% BPA/polycarbonate free), these bottles are simply amazing. I can personally vouch for them—they’ve NEVER leaked on me yet! Can your travel bottle say that? The other option that I have less experience with (but many folks swear by) are the Dressing 2-Go squeeze bottles.
- A great garlic press makes child’s play of mincing garlic. I just mince the garlic right into my salad dressing shaker. I love this top-rated one, but there are lots of great alternatives out there at all sorts of kitchen, department, and discount stores.