Served chilled, this is the perfect, make-ahead salad for a brunch, picnic, or dinner. And although it looks like it takes a lot of time to make, it can be whipped up in less than 20 minutes.
And what an awesome way to serve up a big dose of vegetables. In the summer, I actually make this Asparagus and Green Bean Salad recipe as a main course.
My Asparagus And Green Bean Salad Recipe
And does it taste good? No! It tastes AMAZING! With sweet, slightly crunchy green beans, tender asparagus spears, a touch of onion, and a deliciously creamy dill and feta dressing, this Asparagus and Green Bean Salad is going to wow your taste buds!
So let’s get cooking and mix up this salad for dinner. I promise you’re going to love it!
Asparagus and Green Bean Salad with Creamy Dill DressingRecipe By:
Note: For most recipes you can adjust the measures for more or less servings by hovering over the servings number and moving the slider.
- 3/4-1 pound string beans trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3-1/2 cup halved thinly sliced onion
- 1 + cup of Creamy Dill Dressing
- In a large saucepan fitted with a steaming basket, boil 1 inch of water. While the water is heating up, fill a large bowl with ice and water and place next to your stove. This bowl of ice water will be used to flash cool the green beans and asparagus, so make sure there's enough room in it for your veggies!
- Add beans and asparagus to the steamer and cover. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp but tender. Don't overcook! Transfer veggies to ice cold water to cool. Drain and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- Transfer beans to a clean, dry serving bowl and toss with onions and Creamy Dill Dressing.
Kitchen Tips and Resources for My Asparagus And Green Bean Salad Recipe:
- For years I’ve used the classic, stainless steel steaming basket, and it works fine … but boy do I love my new steaming basket from OXO. Its handles stay cool making it easy to move food around, it’s heat-resistant up to 600 degrees, microwave safe, dishwasher safe, and BPA-free! Target and other retailers carry these gadgets too, as well as appliances dedicated to steaming rice and/or veggies.
- A great, non-slip cutting board is an invaluable kitchen asset when cutting up veggies for my Asparagus and Green Bean Salad. I upgraded to these Epicurean non-slip boards a couple summers ago, and I’ve been really pleased with them.
- A high-quality set of cutting knives can make a huge difference, especially when you’re cooking REAL food. My local knife shop advised me to invest in the higher quality Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Signature brand (much higher quality than the J.A. Henckels International brand) and time has proven them right. (To make sure you know which Henckels knives are better, here’s a tip — look for the “twins” on the knives vs. the single guy sporting the trident.) While you can buy these knives online, if you’ve got a local knife/cutlery store, support them instead. I love my local cutlery store and bring my knives in every six months or so to get them maintained with a nice, sharp edge!