It’s not even officially summer yet, but temperatures are definitely on the rise! During this hotter weather, I love making frozen yogurt, I use a super easy and clean eating recipe for Strawberry Frozen Yogurt! Ready in less than 5 minutes and filled with ripe, delicious, in-season berries that I’ve frozen, this recipe is one of my go-to recipes to entertain and cool off!
Unfortunately, most of the store-bought ice creams and frozen yogurts have more sugar than fruit in them. That’s why I love this recipe for Easy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt so much—it totally turns that equation upside down and is made with more fruit than anything else! And for a little extra sweetness, I add an unprocessed sweetener like maple syrup or honey. 🙂
To make it even more delicious, try making it with local, fresh strawberries when they’re in season. I always try to stock up and freeze local berries when they’re in season because they really are so much more flavorful and affordable! Regardless, since this recipe for Strawberry Frozen Yogurt is made with frozen strawberries, it can be made any time of year.
And once you taste this strawberry frozen yogurt and see how easy it is, you’ll definitely be wanting to make it again and again.
And if strawberries are your jam (pun intended), check out some of my other favorite strawberry recipes:
- Strawberry and Goat Cheese Salad
- Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Strawberry Green Smoothie
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- The Best Homemade Berry Sauce
- No-Bake Berry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Cake
My Clean Eating Recipe for Easy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
One food processor bowl, 5 minutes, and 3-4 ingredients…that’s all it takes to make this quick and easy, clean eating recipe for Strawberry Frozen Yogurt.
Easy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- 1 pound frozen strawberries
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar optional
- In a food processor pulse the frozen strawberries until finely chopped. Add the yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla, and balsamic vinegar and blend until smooth.
- Serve and freeze leftovers immediately.
- We recommend using organic ingredients whenever possible.
- When using leftover Strawberry Frozen Yogurt, you'll need to thaw it out on the counter or briefly microwave it until it softens.
Kitchen Tips and Resources for My Easy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Recipe:
Having the right equipment is always a big help in the kitchen. Here are several tools I use when making this recipe that I recommend.
- If you cook a lot, a good food processor really comes in handy for recipes like my Strawberry Frozen Yogurt. I recently upgraded to a Breville Sous Chef 16, and I absolutely love it! I bought it because it’s the top-rated food processor by Consumer Reports, and I’m so happy I did. You can also buy it with a peeling and dicing attachment which is super handy when you’re doing those big cooking jobs.
- For storing your frozen yogurt, you’ll want a high-quality, freezer-safe container like this Glasslock 18-piece food storage set.
- A good strawberry huller like this one makes prepping a big batch of strawberries for a recipe or freezing much easier!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you make a purchase using one of the links.