First off, I share my food values not to tell you what to believe, but to let you know where I’m coming from. While my values are based on over fifteen years of firsthand experience running some of the biggest brands in Big Food and countless hours of research and reading, we all need to examine the world through our own lens. When we discover our own truth our values become much more powerful and inform how we act and live.
So what do I believe? Here’s a Summary of My Top 7 Food Values:
- Ditch processed food by eating more veggies, fruits, and other minimally processed plants. And remember, it’s all about progress, not perfection!
- Eat real food by cooking more, eating out less, and ditching the boxes, bags, bottles, and cans of processed foods. Yes, some processed foods are healthier than others, but the foundation of a healthy diet grows on plants vs. being made in a factory! When you eat out, try your very hardest to select healthy options.
- Support local, sustainable agriculture whenever possible. Local and sustainable agriculture is good for our economy, better for our environment, and helps your local economy. While we can’t shop locally all the time, every little bit counts!
- Eat less meat and animal products. And when you do eat meat, support responsibly raised animals and ensure their humane treatment.
- Listen to your body and simple truths vs. the latest fad. Behind every fad is someone who’s trying to sell you something and make money. Listen and trust your gut. There’s no magic pill or shortcut to eating healthy!
- Be kind to yourself and do your best-perfect doesn’t exist! Perfectionism is a tough way to live a balanced, happy life, especially when it comes to food!
- Don’t judge. The real/organic food movement is often called elitist. Unfortunately, that label is accurate since many “foodies” like to point fingers and judge. I try my best not to fall into that trap, although I’m certainly not perfect. When it comes to sharing my food values, empathy and caring are what I aspire to!
My Hope Is To Inspire Change!
My hope is through this website as well as my books, articles, speaking events, and interviews that I can help inform and inspire people to discover their food values and take steps toward living a happier and healthier lifestyle, whatever that means for them.
Interested in learning more about us and discovering your food values? Check out this additional information:
- Learn how we’re different from a lot of other food blogs by reading the values and vision we’re bringing to life at brucebradley.com.
- Learn more about my food journey from Big Food marketer to REAL food fan.
- And if you want to ditch your processed food habit, subscribe now and get your FREE Ultimate Clean Eating Guide!