Getting our families to eat more vegetables can be tough! Food companies certainly aren’t helping us out. Between making misleading health claims on junk food and mucking up frozen vegetables with lots of additives it can be difficult to find a delicious, quick option. But alas, please don’t give up!
If you haven’t tried roasting vegetables it really is an awesome choice. Not only does it bring out the wonderfully sweet and savory flavors in veggies, roasting is also SO EASY! And while these veggies are amazing right out of the oven, they also make super leftovers and can be eaten cold anytime of day. So please, give this recipe a try, and let me know what you think. I hope you and your family will find it so delicious that it becomes one of your favorites!
Recipe: Roasted Carrots and BroccoliRecipe By:
Note: For most recipes you can adjust the measures for more or less servings by hovering over the servings number and moving the slider.
- 3-4 green onions roughly sliced
- 1 head broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 medium carrots roughly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil extra virgin, pressed
- 1/4 cup white cheddar cheese optional
- 1/2-1 tablespoon basil chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large covered container combine green onions, broccoli, carrots, and olive oil.
- Cover the container and shake ingredients to cover with oil.
- Pour vegetables into oven-safe skillet or casserole dish.
- Roast 20 minutes.
- Stir vegetables adding the minced garlic.
- Roast 5-10 more minutes until vegetables are tender and just starting to brown.
- If you want, garnish with freshly grated cheese and basil.
- Season to taste and enjoy!
- While you don’t really need any special equipment to make roasted veggies, I absolutely love making them in my Lodge seasoned carbon steel pans. Lighter than cast-iron these wonderful pans come in all different sizes, and they are my favorites for all types of cooking! You can buy them at Amazon, Williams-Sonoma, and lots of other retailers!