I love to entertain, but sometimes it can be a little overwhelming to have people over. That’s why I love to have an easy, make-ahead, real food appetizer that I can pull out of my fridge in a moments notice! And that’s exactly where my Quick Party Cheese Ball recipe comes in!
Perfect for a dinner party or a casual get together, my Quick Party Cheese Ball literally takes about 15 minutes of prep time to make if you use a food processor.
And if you need to serve it super fast, skip making a ball and simply serve the cheese mixture in ramekins topped with nuts.
Last time I made this recipe I set it out, and the cheese ball was literally devoured by my family in a half an hour. Yes, it’s that good!
Finally, if you celebrate the Christmas holiday, check out the recipe notes below for an easy way to make your cheese ball even more festive!
Recipe: Cheese BallRecipe By:
Note: For most recipes you can adjust the measures for more or less servings by hovering over the servings number and moving the slider.
- 2 8- ounce packages cream cheese
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon onions minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped
- 2 tablespoons red pepper minced
- 1 1/2 cup pecans roasted and chopped
- Shred the cheddar cheese. Using a food processor makes this super easy, and it's a great way to mix together the entire recipe.
- Add the onions, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper / hot sauce. Mix / pulse together until smooth. Mix in the chives and red pepper. Refrigerate mixture for a couple of hours.
- Shape the cheese mixture into one large or two small balls (wax paper can really help with this). Roll the cheese ball in the roasted, chopped pecans covering the entire cheese ball. Wrap the cheese ball in wax paper and chill. Keeps for 2-3 weeks.
- Serve with crackers and enjoy!
Kitchen Tips and Resources:
- A good food processor makes mixing up this recipe even easier! If you don’t have one, I love my Cuisinart!
- Don’t have any cheese spreaders? Then check out some of these options: (1) Multipurpose Stainless Steel Cheese Spreaders, (2) Wooden Handle Wide Blade Cheese Spreader, (3) Juniper Wood Cheese Spreader, and (4) Laguiole Butter Knives / Spreaders Stainless Steel blade with Black Handle.
- If you don’t have time to chill the cheese to form into a ball, try filling ramekins with cheese and sprinkling the nuts on top!