I love spinach! That wasn’t always the case, though. Growing up it was one of those veggies that got pushed around my plate. 😮
These days, though, I love spinach in so many different ways—sauteed, creamed, in soup and smoothies, and especially as a base for salads like my Orange Spinach Salad with Almonds and an Orange Vinaigrette. Yummm!
Simple, easy, and delicious are the headlines of this fresh and fruity spinach salad! Literally, washing your spinach greens is the most difficult part. 🙂
And with each forkful of leafy goodness, you’re being soooo good to your body. So come on, ditch the processed foods! Let’s eat healthy tonight with this delicious spinach salad!
My Recipe for Orange Spinach Salad with Toasted Almonds
To make my Orange Spinach Salad simply buy some spinach and wash it well. After the spinach has dried off, top it with some oranges, strawberries, and toasted almonds.
Although I love this salad “as is” if you want to add some protein, feel free to sprinkle on some shredded cheese, cooked chicken, or even some bacon. Whatever you’re in the mood for!
Finally, top it off with my super easy, yummy Orange Vinaigrette.
Orange Spinach Salad with Toasted Almonds
- 6 cups spinach or your choice of salad greens
- 1 cup orange sections
- 6 strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- shredded cheese
- cooked chicken
- Orange Vinaigrette or dressing of your choice
- Wash and dry spinach. Top with orange sections, sliced strawberries, and toasted almonds. Drizzle with Orange Vinaigrette or the salad dressing of your choice.
Kitchen Tips and Resources for my Orange Spinach Salad with Toasted Almonds:
- A salad spinner is perfect for getting all types of greens clean and dry. I use mine all the time, especially with greens from my farmer or the farmers market. If you don’t have one, check out this top-rated one from OXO. It works well, and it’s super easy to clean!
- A great pair of wooden salad tongs makes serving up your Orange Spinach Salad a breeze. Here are a couple of my favorites!