Looking for a great cookie that’s perfect for the holidays or a special occasion? Then check out my Almond Shortbread Cookie Crisps. Wonderful…Buttery…Crisp…Delicious…YUM! 🙂
What’s In My Almond Shortbread Cookie Crisps?
What else is so good about these Almond Shortbread cookies? They’re made from 100% whole wheat pastry flour, they’re super easy to make, and they’re filled with lots of almond goodness.
And who knew you could make such beautiful cookies without all those artificially colored sprinkles. Yes, simple can be gorgeous and delicious!
Now even those these cookies are made with 100% whole-wheat flour, they do contain sugar. If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you’ll know that I’m not a fan of refined sugars. In fact, I often point out how much added sugar there is in many processed foods. So how can I post a recipe with sugar in it? Do I have a double-standard? I don’t think so, and here’s why.
Having an occasional treat is okay. In fact, I’d argue indulging sometimes is part of living a full, happy, and healthy life. So rather than believing sugar is toxic, evil, and never using it, I cook with it occasionally—like when I’m baking up a batch of holiday cookies.
What do you think? Do you occasionally use sugar in your home? Share your comments below. We’d love to hear your thoughts!
My Almond Shortbread Cookie Crisps Recipe
Now, let’s get baking some of the most delicious cookies on the planet! Almond Shortbread Cookie Crisps!Print
Kitchen Tips and Resources:
- I use a variety of simple cookie cutter shapes to make my Almond Shortbread Crisps. This batch featured ones from a set of round, star-shaped, and flower-shaped cookie cutters.
- The almond extract adds a whole lot of flavor to these cookies. Just make sure to use an organic almond extract to avoid any artificial, chemically-derived flavors.
- High quality baking sheets are indispensable in the kitchen. Here’s one from NordicWare that’s similar to what I have.
- If you’ve never baked with parchment paper, you should definitely give it a try. It’s so simple to use, and it makes clean-up a breeze. Here’s an unbleached parchment paper that is Green Seal Certified.
- When you’re baking up a couple batches of cookies it’s easy to run out of room to cool your baked goods. That’s why I love these tiered cooling racks that can save you some real kitchen real estate!